Accused of Sexually Harassing PhD Student, Top IISc Scientist Ordered Compulsory Retirement
The internal complaints committee of the IISc, which investigated the matter, found truth in the complaint, the institute said without identifying the professor. The IISc authorities did not say whether he would be entitled to retirement benefits.
Image for representational purposes only.
Bengaluru: A senior professor at the prestigious Indian Institute of Science has been retired compulsorily over allegations of sexually harassing a PhD student, IISc said Tuesday.
The internal complaints committee of the IISc, which investigated the matter, found truth in the complaint, the institute said without identifying the professor.
"A complaint was received from a PhD student about sexual harassment by a senior professor. The complaint was enquired into by the internal complaints committee of the institute," IISc said in a statement.
The governing council being the appointing authority for faculty deliberated on the inquiry report and resolved to compulsorily retire the faculty with immediate effect, it said.
"The orders were served on the faculty on October 22, 2018 and he stands compulsorily retired," it said.
The IISc authorities did not say whether he would be entitled to retirement benefits.
Recommended For You
- Ford Endeavour Rolls Over as Hyundai Santro Crashes into the SUV - Watch Video
- I-League Clubs Announce They Will Take Legal Route if AIFF Wields Axe on Them
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Arrive in Paris Ahead of Joe Jonas-Sophie Turner's Wedding, See Pics
- Audio Technica M50xBT Review: If You Are Serious About Music, These Headphones Cannot be Missed
- Xiaomi's Poco F1 64GB Variant Gets Yet Another Price Cut in India; Now Costs Rs 17,999
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s