Accused of Stealing Phone, Kids' Hands Dipped in Boiling Oil
To extract their innocence, Chhagan got the oil heated in a pot and asked the kids to dip their hands one by one promising that the honest ones won’t be harmed by the boiling oil.
Ratlam: A man in Ratlam district of Madhya Pradesh allegedly dipped the hands of five minor boys in boiling oil after he suspected them of stealing his son's mobile phone.
The boys suffered burn injuries on the hands and were taken to a government hospital late on Monday. The police have have started an investigation into the incident.
The incident occurred after the victims had gone to visit the son of the accused, Chhagan. The son lost his mobile phone and accused one of his friends of stealing the gadget.
But they denied having taken the phone. On receiving the news, Chhagan reached the spot and inquired about the missing phone to which the kids pleaded ignorance.
Chhagan then heated oil in a pot and asked the kids to dip their hands one by one, promising that the honest ones won’t be harmed by the boiling oil.
The terrified kids did what they were told and all sustained injuries after dipping their hands in the boiling oil.
They went home and told their parents what happened, following which they went to Chhagan's house to confront Chhagan but had fled the scene by then. Three of the boys received severe burn injuries.
The parents complained to the police who sent an officer to the hospital and recorded statements from the kids. A manhunt has been launched to nab the accused after police booked him under relevant sections of IPC.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2019 | Vihari Out to Prove He Is More Than a Test Cricketer
- IPL 2019 | Dhoni Will Mostly Bat No. 4 But We Need to Be Flexible: Fleming
- Kalki Koechlin On Life After Separation from Anurag Kashyap, Experiencing Rejections & More
- Google Launches Game Streaming Platform Called Stadia, to Take on The Traditional Gaming Industry
- All Planes, Choppers Booked by Political Parties in India Ahead of General Elections 2019
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s