After Annual Winter Break, Badrinath Shrine to Reopen on May 10
Located at a height of 10,279 ft above the sea level in Chamoli district, Badrinath temple is dedicated to lord Vishnu.
File photo of Badrinath during snowfall.
Dehradun: The sacred portals of Badrinath will be thrown open to public in the wee hours on May 10.
The gates of the Himalayan shrine will be reopened after the annual winter break at 4:15 am on May 10. The auspicious hour for reopening the gates of the famous temple were announced on the occasion of Vasant Panchmi Sunday at the residence of erstwhile Tehri royals in Narendra Nagar.
Located at a height of 10,279 ft above the sea level in Chamoli district, Badrinath temple which is dedicated to lord Vishnu is closed annually during winter when the area is snowbound.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Captain America's Peggy Carter Says Her Story with Steve Rogers Had Fitting End in Avengers Endgame
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know
- Ashes 2019: Steve Smith Returns to Bat After Nasty Blow to the Neck
- Yezdi Motorcycles to Make India Entry Soon; Instagram, Website Goes Live
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it