After anti-Romeo Squads in UP, Durga Squads Debut in Haryana
Following the lines of the anti-Romeo squad in Uttar Pradesh, the Haryana government on Wednesday had launched 'Operation Durga', under which police teams nabbed 72 people on the very first day from across the state.
Chandigarh: Following the lines of the anti-Romeo squad in Uttar Pradesh, the Haryana government on Wednesday had launched 'Operation Durga', under which police teams nabbed 72 people on the very first day from across the state.
Twenty-four teams formed by Chief Minister's Flying Squad nabbed these people from all the districts for allegedly indulging in crimes against women, an official spokesman said.
The teams visited public places such as schools, colleges, bus stands and railway stations and nabbed persons indulging in crimes against women, including eve-teasing, the spokesperson said.
He said the Haryana government has set up women police stations in all districts to ensure the safety of women and provide them with a safe place for lodging complaints. But it had been observed that women hesitated in reporting incidents involving such anti-social elements, he added.
"Therefore, the campaign Operation Durga was undertaken after identifying places where such anti-social elements were indulging in eve teasing, vulgar comments, stalking and other similar activities," he added.
Meanwhile, Haryana Health Miniter Anil Vij said: "Operation Durga is not modelled under UP's Romeo Squad. We want to make Haryana safe for women."
(with PTI inputs)
Recommended For You
- Narayan Thakur: 100m Gold Winner in Asian Para Games Once Lived in Orphanage, Cleaned DTC Buses
- Pixelgate? Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL Reliability Issues Just Don’t Seem to Stop
- Chris Hemsworth Gives a Hitchhiker Lift of a Lifetime, Drops Him Off on a Chopper
- Sara Ali Khan’s Photos with Her BFF Will Give You Major #FriendshipGoals, See Pics
- Celebrity Weddings: The Glorious Spectacle of an Institution We No Longer Understand