Indore Mayor Pays 'Floral Tribute' to PM Modi, CM Chouhan; Sparks Controversy
BJP’s Indore mayor inadvertently paid floral tributes to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan during a function.
Malini Gaud (2nd from right) After garlanding pictures of PM Narendra Modi and MP CM Shivraj Chauhan.
Indore: BJP’s Indore mayor inadvertently paid floral tributes to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan during a function.
Malini Gaud, wife of former Madhya Pradesh cabinet minister late Laxman Singh Gaud, who is also a BJP MLA from Indore’s assembly constituency number 4, was participating in a function at her residence in Indore on Monday.
Jitu Patwari, a Congress MLA, brought attention to the goof up. “Whoever had put garland around pictures of the PM and chief minister, should be punished,” he demanded, adding that how could the mayor overlooked this as she herself is a member of BJP.
The local BJP unit in Indore did not comment on the incident.
Such incidents have also happened in the past. A Jharkhand minister had drawn flak by offering floral tribute to former President APJ Abdul Kalam when he was alive. In another such incident, a school principal was suspended in Gwalior in 2015 after he had convened condolence meet to condole the demise of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Recommended For You
- 'Enough About Ram': Can Ramayana's Sita be the Next Feminist Icon in India?
- Volkswagen Directed to Pay Rs 100 Crore to CPCB Over Diesel Emissions Scandal
- Ranveer Singh Simmba Co-star Siddharth Jadhav: I Knew About His Excitement for the Wedding
- Here's Everything About the Food Served at Deepika & Ranveer's Konkani-Sindhi Wedding
- Kohli, Rahul & Pant Cheer for Team India in Women's World T20