Prevented from Entering Sanctum Sanctorum, Uma Bharti Stages Dharna at Mahakal temple
Staffers bore the wrath of firebrand Union Minister Uma Bharti as they prevented her from entering the sanctum sanctorum at the Mahakaal temple in the city on the occasion of Mahashivratri on Friday.
File photo of Union Minister Uma Bharti.
Ujjain: Staffers bore the wrath of firebrand Union Minister Uma Bharti as they prevented her from entering the sanctum sanctorum at the Mahakaal temple in the city on the occasion of Mahashivratri on Friday.
A jittery senior officer tried to pacify the infuriated minister who sat on dharna for a while.
The Union Minister had reached the temple for paying obeisance. The temple administration, as a prior arrangement, had restricted entry inside the sanctum sanctorum, for one and all, to keep a check on the huge crowd that is usually seen at the temple during the festival.
She also sat on dharna on a wooden cot placed nearby.
As senior officers got the news, they rushed to placate the anguished Minister and ensured hassle-free darshan for her.
"Being a saint, Uma Bharti can't be prevented from entering garbh griha. Some kind of confusion led to the situation," said Ujjain collector Sanket Bhondwe.
An upset Bharti responding to media queries on the incident and came down heavily on the police-administration.
She had sought permission for jalabhishek from the head of Mahanirvani Akhara, Bharti claimed.
Recommended For You
- He Makes Me Feel I’m Home: Deepika Padukone Told Raveena Tandon about Ranveer Singh
- New 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Launched in India for Rs 7.44 Lakh, Gets 1.5L Petrol Engine
- Sad News For Marvel Fans, Avengers 4 Trailer is Not Coming This Friday
- Remembering CV Raman's Wit and the Time he Tricked Nehru into Believing Copper is Gold
- Jio Effect: BSNL Rs 1699 Prepaid Plan With One Year Validity Now Offers 4.21GB Data Per Day