After Resigning as Congress President, Rahul Gandhi Spotted Enjoying Article 15 In Delhi Theatre
Rahul Gandhi went to PVR Chanakya in New Delhi to watch Ayushmann Khurana-starrer Article 15.
Screenshot of Rahul Gandhi in Chanakya Puri movie hall. (Image: Instagram)
New Delhi: After resigning as the Congress President on Wednesday, Rahul Gandhi went to watch a movie in a Delhi theatre, drawing praise on social media for conducting himself like a common citizen.
Gandhi reportedly went to PVR Chanakya to watch Ayushmann Khurana-starrer, Article 15. The film, directed by Anubhav Sinha, focuses on the caste issue prevalent in the country and how it affects our everyday lives.
In a video doing the rounds on social media, Gandhi is seen enjoying popcorn and interacting with the person sitting next to him.
Gandhi’s resignation on Wednesday brought an end to days of speculation as members of Congress Working Committee had been urging him not to resign. He had offered to step down just two days after his party’s huge defeat in the Lok Sabha elections.
The Congress managed to win just 52 seats out of a total of 542 in the lower House of the parliament. Gandhi even lost the Congress family bastion of Amethi to Union minister Smriti Irani by nearly 55,000 votes.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- Here's How Alia Bhatt Reacted to Her and Ranbir Kapoor's Fake Viral Wedding Card
- Dabangg 3: Salman Khan Introduces Saiee Manjrekar with A Quirky Caption
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge