Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District
Violating the ceasefire again, Pakistani troops opened fire from small arms along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir's Akhnoor district.
Jammu: Violating the ceasefire again, Pakistani troops opened fire from small arms along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir's Akhnoor district on Friday.
"There was small arms firing (from Pakistan on forward posts) along the LoC in Pallanwala, Chapriyal and Samnam areas of Jammu district during the night," Deputy Commissioner, Jammu, Simrandeep Singh said.
"The firing started at 0030 hours and ended at 0130 hours. There was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing," he said.
On Thursday, Pakistani troops had resorted to firing in Balnoie area of Mendhar sector without any casualty.
On September 28, the Pakistan Army had violated the ceasefire by opening fire on Indian Army posts along the LoC in Sabzian area Poonch sector.
Pakistani troops had fired on Army posts along LoC in Poonch sector on September 6.
On September 2, Pakistan troops had violated the ceasefire by firing on forward Army posts along the LoC in Akhnoor sector.
Last year, 16 civilians were killed and 71 others injured in 405 incidents of cross-border firing by Pakistan, the officer said.
This is the fifth ceasefire violation in the month of September and the third in the past 36 hours.
Recommended For You
- Farewell, Sheila Dikshit: PM Modi, Congress Leaders Bid Adieu To Former Delhi CM
- IAF Pilots Could Soon Fly Tom Cruise’s Fighter Jet From Top Gun Maverick
- Carey Hopes Steve Waugh’s Presence Helps Transition to Red-ball Cricket
- ICC Have Run Out of Patience With Zimbabwe Cricket: Grant Flower
- Sheila Dikshit, Former Delhi Chief Minister, Passes Away At 81