AgustaWestland VVIP Chopper Case: Delhi Court Dismisses Christian Michel's Bail Plea
Michel, extradited from Dubai, was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on December 22 last year.
Agusta Westland scam accused middleman Michel Christian at CBI headquarters in New Delhi on Dec 5, 2018.
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday dismissed the bail plea of Christian Michel, arrested in connection with an alleged scam in the Rs 3,600-crore AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal.
Special judge Arvind Kumar rejected Michel's plea in the cases filed by the CBI and the Enforcement Directorate. Michel, extradited from Dubai, was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on December 22 last year.
On January 5, Michel was sent to judicial custody in the ED case. He is also lodged in judicial custody in the CBI case related to the scam. Michel is among the three alleged middlemen being probed in the case by the ED and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). The others are Guido Haschke and Carlo Gerosa.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inspired by 50s Puppet Show or Just for Appeal? Internet is Wondering What 'Howdy Modi' Means
- Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Taimur Forget Way to Pataudi Palace, Locals Catch Them for Selfies
- Woman Sets Apartment on Fire While Trying to Burn Love Letter from Her Ex
- Google For India: Understanding Google Pay Virtual Tokenized Cards For Secure Payments
- Unidentified, Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Farmhouse in Telangana