Ahead Of Haryana Assembly Election, Leader From OP Chautala's INLD Joins Congress
Charanjeet Singh Rori joined the Congress in Sirsa in the presence of the party's Haryana unit chief Kumari Selja.
File image of Charanjeet Singh Rori (Image: Charanjeet Singh Rori/Facebook)
Chandigarh: In a setback to Om Prakash Chautala's Indian National Lok Dal, days before the October 21 Haryana Assembly polls, party MP Charanjeet Singh Rori joined the Congress on Tuesday.
Charanjeet Singh Rori joined the Congress in Sirsa in the presence of the party's Haryana unit chief Kumari Selja. He was the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) MP from Sirsa from 2014-19.
He joined the Congress days after former Haryana Congress chief Ashok Tanwar, who had contested unsuccessfully from Sirsa in 2009 and 2014 assembly polls, quit the party.
After joining Congress, Mr Rori said the party is the only viable alternative in the state. He said that the party will wrest power from the BJP, which has failed to deliver on various fronts.
After a vertical split in the INLD last year owing to a feud in the Chautala clan, the party has been virtually decimated.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Watch: Burglar Kisses Elderly Woman to Calm Her During Robbery in Pharmacy
- 'This is a Joke Right?' Trump Wrote a Bizarre Letter to Turkey and Twitter Had a Lot of Memes
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL Opening Ceremony
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football