Ahmedabad-bound IndiGo Aircraft Returns to Mumbai Airport after Engine Snag
The aircraft is currently withdrawn for inspections. The passengers are being accommodated on other flights, the airline said.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: An IndiGo aircraft heading to Ahmedabad from Mumbai had to return to the Mumbai airport as one of its engines developed a snag shortly after the take-off on Saturday, the airline said.
It was a VT-IVZ plane, an A320neo aircraft with a Pratt and Whitney engine.
"An IndiGo flight, 6E-5324, operating from Mumbai to Ahmedabad, had a fault message on engine 1 after taking-off from Mumbai," the low-cost carrier said in a statement.
"The pilot followed the necessary procedures and landed back at Mumbai. The aircraft is currently withdrawn for inspections. The passengers are being accommodated on other flights," it added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- After Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar Accused of Supporting Aarey Forest Destruction
- Arjun Kapoor Trolls Alia Bhatt Over African Safari 'vlog'
- Swara Bhasker Taking Off Her Heels on the IIFA Green Carpet is Basically All of Us
- Taylor Swift Weighs in on Game of Thrones Finale and Daenerys Targaryen's Fate
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get