AIADMK MP S Rajendran Dies in Car Accident in Viluppuram
He served as a member of the Standing Committee on Chemicals and Fertilizers and the Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
Chennai: AIADMK leader and MP S Rajendran died in car accident that took place early Saturday morning in Viluppuram district.
Rajendran, 62, was on his way back home in Vanur from the dinner hosted by PMK's Ramadoss at Thailapuram.
The accident took place around 4.35 am near Tindivanam in Villupuram district, when the car he was travelling hit the centre median of the road.
According to the Tindivanam police station, all the four travelling in the car were taken to the nearest hospital, where Rajendran was declared dead.
The other three are currently undergoing treatment in the hospital now.
He was elected to the Lok Sabha from Viluppuram constituency as an Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam candidate in 2014 election. After being elected into the House, he served as a member of the Standing Committee on Chemicals and Fertilizers and the Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
More details awaited.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- From Slam Poets to 'Eco-Feminists', BBC's 100 Most Influential Women 2019 List Has 7 Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Awestruck by Kalki Koechlin's Six-month Pregnancy
- Akshay Kumar and Housefull 4 Team Go for Early Morning Shooting on The Kapil Sharma Show
- Supermodel Bella Hadid is World's Most Beautiful Woman According to Science
- Mercedes-Benz G 350 d Launched at Rs 1.5 Crore in India