AIADMK MP S Rajendran Dies in Car Accident in Viluppuram
He served as a member of the Standing Committee on Chemicals and Fertilizers and the Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
Chennai: AIADMK leader and MP S Rajendran died in car accident that took place early Saturday morning in Viluppuram district.
Rajendran, 62, was on his way back home in Vanur from the dinner hosted by PMK's Ramadoss at Thailapuram.
The accident took place around 4.35 am near Tindivanam in Villupuram district, when the car he was travelling hit the centre median of the road.
According to the Tindivanam police station, all the four travelling in the car were taken to the nearest hospital, where Rajendran was declared dead.
The other three are currently undergoing treatment in the hospital now.
He was elected to the Lok Sabha from Viluppuram constituency as an Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam candidate in 2014 election. After being elected into the House, he served as a member of the Standing Committee on Chemicals and Fertilizers and the Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
More details awaited.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Alia Bhatt on Kalank's Box Office Failure: Didn’t Think We Were Going to be Hit by a Truck
- Smriti Irani Reveals Why She is Jealous of 'Bro' and Fitness Guru Micky Mehta in Insta Post
- Reliance Jio Says India’s Monthly Data Usage is More Than 9GB Per Subscriber
- Hrithik Roshan, Sussanne Khan Step Out Together for Sunday Brunch with Kids, See Pics
- NASA Satellite Images Show Fires Still Burning May Be Reason for Poor Air Quality in North India