Take the pledge to vote

For a better tommorow#AajSawaroApnaKal
  • I agree to receive emails from News18

  • I promise to vote in this year's elections no matter what the odds are.
  • Please check above checkbox.

    SUBMIT

Thank you for
taking the pledge

Vote responsibly as each vote counts
and makes a diffrence

Disclaimer:

Issued in public interest by HDFC Life. HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) (“HDFC Life”). CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101 . The name/letters "HDFC" in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited ("HDFC Limited") and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited. ARN EU/04/19/13618
LIVE TV DownloadNews18 App
News18 English
News18 » India
1-min read

Guard Posted at Teaching Block Was First to Raise Alarm About Fire at AIIMS

The fire broke out at the teaching block of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here on Saturday, destroying samples and medical reports and forcing evacuation of some patients, though no one was injured.

PTI

Updated:August 17, 2019, 9:59 PM IST
facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp
Guard Posted at Teaching Block Was First to Raise Alarm About Fire at AIIMS
(Image: Special Arrangement)
Loading...

New Delhi: A guard posted at the teaching block of the AIIMS here said he was the first to notice the blaze in the building on Saturday evening, following which he informed the control room and started the rescue operation with other officials.

"I was the first to notice the blaze. I informed the control room about it, following which the fire department was alerted," Rajesh Mahato (31) said.

The fire broke out at the teaching block of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here on Saturday, destroying samples and medical reports and forcing evacuation of some patients, though no one was injured.

"It was Saturday and the department usually closes by 1 pm. When the fire broke out, there were not many students inside the building, due to which those present could be evacuated on time and there was no casualty," Mahato said.

Patients from some floors of the AB ward, located close to the Microbiology department where the blaze started at around 5 pm, were evacuated along with those in the operation theatres above

it as the smoke spread, officials said, adding that the fire was doused within a couple of hours.

The emergency services in the hospital were also affected due to the blaze.

Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.

Read full article
Loading...
Next Story
Next Story

Also Watch

facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp

Live TV

Countdown To Elections Results
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results