Ailing CPM Leader Yousuf Tarigami Shifted to AIIMS from Srinagar
Accompanied by a doctor, a relative and a police officer, CPI(M) leader Mohammed Yousuf Tarigami arrived here and was immediately taken to AIIMS, the officials said.
File photo of CPI(M) leader Mohammed Yousuf Tarigami
New Delhi: Ailing CPI(M) leader Mohammed Yousuf Tarigami, who has been under house arrest for over a month in Srinagar, was shifted to AIIMS here on Monday morning, officials said.
Accompanied by a doctor, a relative and a police officer, Tarigami arrived here and was immediately taken to AIIMS, the officials said.
The Supreme Court had on Thursday said that Tarigami should be shifted "at the earliest" to "the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi, from Srinagar, where he is under house arrest."
He had been put under house arrested in the early hours of August 5 when the Centre abrogated special status to Jammu and Kashmir under the Constitution.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report