Air Force Fighter Jet Drops Spare Fuel Tank Mid-air Near Coimbatore, Creates 3-ft Deep Crater
Though fire was reported from the site, the plane landed safely at nearby Sulur Air Force Station.
Despite the mishap, the plane landed safely at nearby Sulur Air Force Station.
The Air Force has ordered an investigation after the spare fuel tank from an LCA Tejas fighter jet fell into an empty farm land near Coimbatore on Tuesday.
Agriculture labourers in Irugur village were shocked to see the 1200-litre petrol tank fall from the sky. It caused a three-foot deep crater and a minor fire, the police added. However, the combat jet landed safely in the nearby Sulur Air Force station.
Sources in the force said the reason behind the incident was not yet clear. Further details are awaited.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar and Ananya Panday's First Looks From Pati Patni Aur Woh Revealed
- 'Respect Culture': Woman Arrested for Wearing Bikini That Was Too 'Revealing'
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea Are Trolling Each Other on Social Media
- Android 10 Update Roll-Out Resumes For OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro
- Fortnite Season 10 Ends With a Bang And Darkness, But What Exactly Happened?