Air Hostess Alleges Rape by Friend and His Roommates, One Held
As per the woman, when she woke up next morning, she realized that when she was drunk, Swapnil Badodia and his friend forced themselves on her during the night.
Mumbai: A 25-year-old air hostess working with a private airline was allegedly raped by her friend and his room-mates in suburban Andheri, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place Tuesday night at a flat in Goni Nagar where Swapnil Badodia (25), the woman's friend, lived as a paying guest, a police official said.
Badodia, who too works for an airline, and the woman went out for dinner Tuesday evening and later had drinks at his flat, she told police.
As per the woman, when she woke up next morning, she realized that when she was drunk, Badodia and his friend forced themselves on her during the night.
She lodged a complaint of gang rape at MIDC police station.
"We registered a case of gang rape under IPC section 376 D and arrested the accused person (Badodia)," said Nitin.
Alaknure, senior police inspector, MIDC police station.
Badodia confessed to the crime but denied the involvement of his room-mates, another police officer claimed.
He was produced before a court which sent him in police custody till June 6. Further probe is on.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Mouni Roy Shares Romantic Moment with Salman Khan, Dances to Odhni Song
- How a Wheelchair Taxi Service is Helping Specially-Abled Voters in Mumbai Reach Poll Booths
- Water Baby Kim Sharma Sets the Temperature Soaring on Instagram, See Here
- Bigg Boss 13: Krushna Reacts to Siddharth's Comment on Sister Arti, Says How Can He Do This
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069