Air India Twitter Account Hacked Briefly, Messages in Turkish Posted
An Air India spokesman said all malicious contents posted on the handle have been removed and the official handle has now been restored.
Mumbai: Air India's official Twitter account was hacked early in the morning for many hours before being restored, the airline said on Thursday.
Messages in Turkish were posted on the official Twitter handle @airindiain, an Air India spokesperson said.
All the malicious contents posted on the handle have been removed and the official handle has now been restored, he said.
One of the posts by the hackers read, "Last minute important announcement. All our flights have been cancelled. From now on, we will fly with Turkish Airlines'.
Air India has 1,46,000 followers on Twitter.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sanjay Kapoor Trolls Malaika Arora on New 'Saturday Blues' Instagram Post
- DDCA to Name Stand After Virat Kohli in Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium
- Captain America's Peggy Carter Says Her Story with Steve Rogers Had Fitting End in Avengers Endgame
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know
- Netflix Reveals Why Pankaj Tripathi Was the Perfect Choice for 'Guruji' in 'Sacred Games' 2