Air India Twitter Account Hacked Briefly, Messages in Turkish Posted
An Air India spokesman said all malicious contents posted on the handle have been removed and the official handle has now been restored.
Mumbai: Air India's official Twitter account was hacked early in the morning for many hours before being restored, the airline said on Thursday.
Messages in Turkish were posted on the official Twitter handle @airindiain, an Air India spokesperson said.
All the malicious contents posted on the handle have been removed and the official handle has now been restored, he said.
One of the posts by the hackers read, "Last minute important announcement. All our flights have been cancelled. From now on, we will fly with Turkish Airlines'.
Air India has 1,46,000 followers on Twitter.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- On International Men's Day, Salman Khan Shares Secrets to Being Dabangg
- Pakistani Bride Sports Jewelry Made of Tomatoes for Wedding to Call Out Skyrocketing Prices
- Kriti Kharbanda Confirms Dating Pulkit Samrat, Says Wanted Parents to Know First
- MP Mimi Chakraborty Shares Pic with 'Mommy' Outside Parliament, Sanskari Twitter Approves
- Mubi Wants You to Watch Critically Acclaimed Cinema at Rs 199 For Three Months