Aircel-Maxis Case: Protection From Arrest to Chidambaram Extended Till Feb 1
Former finance minister, P Chidambaram, had allegedly approved a foreign investment in the Aircel-Maxis deal that was beyond his jurisdiction.
File image of P. Chidambaram. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday extended interim protection till February 1 to former Union minister P Chidambaram and his son Karti from arrest in the Aircel-Maxis scam.
Special CBI Judge O P Saini put up the matter for February 1 after Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, appearing for the CBI, told the court that the ongoing probe was about to be completed.
In 2006, P Chidambaram, as finance minister, allegedly approved a foreign investment in the Aircel-Maxis deal that was beyond his jurisdiction.
Recommended For You
- Ashwin Captures Broad's Euphoric Reaction During Last Over
- Tom Holland's Spider-Man Far From Home Earns Rs 73.16 Crores in 11 Days
- Katrina Kaif Flaunts Her Svelte Frame as She Stuns in This Colourful Bikini
- World Cup Final | Brutal for Kiwis to be Called Vanquished Without Being Beaten…Twice
- Shaw in Race Against Time to Get Fit For West Indies Tour