Akhnoor: Three Labourers Killed in Terror Attack on GREF Camp
The GREF is the parent cadre force of the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) that builds and maintains border roads in the country.
Battal: Three labourers working with General Reserve Engineer Force (GREF) lost their lives after terrorists attacked the GREF camp in Akhnoor sector of Jammu and Kashmir early on Monday, police said.
The attack took place at Battal area of Akhnoor sector close to the international border at 1:30 am, police added.
The gunshots have subsided but the region has been cordoned off.
The GREF is the parent cadre force of the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) that builds and maintains roads along the border in the country.
The counter operation to neutralise the terrorists is underway and more details are awaited. A high alert has been sounded in the region.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- India's Youngest Differently-Abled Chess Prodigy Donates 2 Lakh Prize Money to PM CARES Fund
- Jalandhar Residents Wake up to View of Himalayan Range as COVID-19 Lockdown Leaves Air Cleaner
- Salman Khan's Radhe Crew Member Confirms Actor Deposited Money into Their Accounts Despite No Shoot
- Pak Batsman Babar Azam Writes Back to 5-Year-Old's Fan Mail, Calls Him a Rockstar
- Zoom Founder Apologises for App's Elaborate Privacy Issues, Reveals Plans for Future