Liquor Seized During Raids in Delhi May Soon be Sold at Govt-run Shops at 25% Less Price
An official said that at present, the excise department destructs seized illegal liquor, including those meant for sale in Haryana, during raids.
New Delhi: The Delhi government is likely to sell seized liquor and at 25 per cent less than actual price, an official said on Friday.
The official told PTI that the Delhi finance department has approved the proposal of the excise department.
An order in this regard will be issued soon, the official said, adding that at present, the excise department destructs seized illegal liquor, including those meant for sale in Haryana, during raids.
"First, we will get the seized liquor tested. If we are satisfied with its quality, we will then sell it at 25 per cent less than actual price," the official said, adding, "The seized liquor will be sold at government-run shops in the city." Officials said the move will boost the revenue of the Delhi government.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- #AmbedkarLongLive: Twitter Fondly Remembers BR Ambedkar on His 63rd Death Anniversary
- Bigg Boss 13: Will Himanshi Khurana Get Evicted from the House to Save Asim Riaz?
- Kalki Koechlin Flaunts Baby Bump in New Photoshoot, See Pics
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report