Alcoholic Father in Maharashtra 'Strangulates' Toddler Daughter for Crying 'Too Much'
Based on the complaint filed by his wife, the police have registered a case against accused Shivaji Lale under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Image used for representation.
Mumbai: Irked by the frequent crying of his one-year-old daughter, an alcoholic allegedly strangulated her to death in Latur district of Maharashtra, police said on Saturday.
The accused, Shivaji Lale, strangulated the toddler to death inside a room in his house in Nilanga taluka of the district, about 475 km from Mumbai, on Thursday night, an official said.
Lale, who used to run a hotel in the area, has been addicted to alcohol since the past few years, he said.
Based on the complaint filed by his wife, police have registered a case against Lale under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Captain America's Peggy Carter Says Her Story with Steve Rogers Had Fitting End in Avengers Endgame
- Ashes 2019: Steve Smith Returns to Bat After Nasty Blow to the Neck
- Netflix Reveals Why Pankaj Tripathi Was the Perfect Choice for 'Guruji' in 'Sacred Games' 2
- Yezdi Motorcycles to Make India Entry Soon; Instagram, Website Goes Live
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March