Alcoholic Father Shoots Dead 17-year-old Daughter for Stopping Him from Drinking in UP
The father Nem Singh started drinking excessively and sold a big part of his agricultural land after his wife committed suicide 15 years ago.
Sambhal (Uttar Pradesh): An alcoholic father shot dead his 17-year-old daughter who tried to stop him from drinking in Uttar Pradesh's Sambhal district, police said.
The father has been arrested and he has confessed to killing her.
Nem Singh, 52, a resident of the Bandarai village in the Sambhal district, allegedly shot dead his daughter, Nitesh, from a point-blank range late on Saturday.
The girl was taken to the hospital, where doctors declared her dead on arrival. The body was sent for an autopsy.
According to the police, on hearing the gunshot, neighbours rushed to the spot and informed the police.
Nem Singh's wife had committed suicide 15 years ago and after her death, Singh had started drinking excessively.
He had even sold a big part of his agricultural land. His eldest son, Gaurav, used to oppose his drinking habit and daughter also sided with the brother.
Two years ago, Gaurav moved to Delhi along with his wife. Singh's younger son, Saurabh, and daughter Nitesh continued living with their father.
Praveen Kumar Solanki, SHO, said when Singh shot his daughter, Saurabh was not at home.
"We have arrested Singh and he has confessed to his crime. We have also recovered the country-made pistol used in the crime," Solanki said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Why Pink Ball?' Questions Desis are Googling Ahead of Historic India vs Bangladesh Day-Night Test
- WhatsApp Updates: Wait For Dark Mode Continues, And Here is Everything Else on The Agenda
- Shah Rukh Khan's Congratulatory Tweet on Acid Attack Survivor's Wedding Wins the Internet
- Nagarjuna's Comeback in Ranbir Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's Brahmastra has Send Twitter in Frenzy
- Tesla Launches Electric ‘Cybertruck' Inspired From Blade Runner Movie, Priced at $39,900