Alert Odisha Signalman Spots Crack in Track, Averts Accident
The Bhubaneswar-Jagdalpur Hirakhand Express was halted soon after the detection of a crack on the railway track in Odisha's Rayagada district.
Representative Image. (Pic: Reuters/Regis Duvignau)
Bhubaneswar: An alert Railways signalman on Tuesday averted a train accident as Bhubaneswar-Jagdalpur Hirakhand Express was halted soon after the detection of a crack on the railway track in Odisha's Rayagada district, a Railways official said. The crack was spotted by signalman Baishnav Gouda near Singapur Road station and he immediately informed the station master, he said.
“When the train was approaching, I sensed the track created more sound than usual. I inspected it and spotted a crack on the rail track. Immediately I informed the station master not to clear the line,” Gouda said.
The train was halted near the station for around one-and-a-half hours. It departed for Jagdalpur after repair and restoration of the damaged portion of the track, a Railways official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami
- In Pursuit of Love, World's Loudest Bird Sings Heart out in 'Theatrical Swivel'
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge