Alert Odisha Signalman Spots Crack in Track, Averts Accident
The Bhubaneswar-Jagdalpur Hirakhand Express was halted soon after the detection of a crack on the railway track in Odisha's Rayagada district.
Representative Image. (Pic: Reuters/Regis Duvignau)
Bhubaneswar: An alert Railways signalman on Tuesday averted a train accident as Bhubaneswar-Jagdalpur Hirakhand Express was halted soon after the detection of a crack on the railway track in Odisha's Rayagada district, a Railways official said. The crack was spotted by signalman Baishnav Gouda near Singapur Road station and he immediately informed the station master, he said.
“When the train was approaching, I sensed the track created more sound than usual. I inspected it and spotted a crack on the rail track. Immediately I informed the station master not to clear the line,” Gouda said.
The train was halted near the station for around one-and-a-half hours. It departed for Jagdalpur after repair and restoration of the damaged portion of the track, a Railways official said.
Recommended For You
- Jasleen Matharu Reportedly Files FIR Against Deepak Thakur, Ranveer Singh Goes on a Selfie Spree at ICC World Cup
- Benoit Paire, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Showcase Football Skills During Match Rally at Halle Open
- Cricket World Cup 2019 | Shoaib Malik & Sania Mirza Hit Back at Twitter Trolling
- Taylor Swift Flaunts Ring Worth USD 15,000 & Other Blingy Accessories in 'You Need to Calm Down'
- The Apple iPhone 2020 Lineup Expected to Have OLED Displays With 5G Support, Says Ming-Chi Kuo
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s