Alerted by Pune Teenager's Social Media 'Behaviour', Cops Prevent Suicide
The cyber cell of Maharashtra police was tipped off that there was a possibility that the man -- whose name was not disclosed -- was going to end his life.
Photo for representation.
Mumbai: Police stopped a 19-year-old man, resident of Pune, from committing suicide Saturday after his social media behaviour indicated that he was going to take the extreme step, an official said here.
The cyber cell of Maharashtra police was tipped off that there was a possibility that the man -- whose name was not disclosed -- was going to end his life, the police official said.
After scanning his social media accounts, the cyber cell tracked down his location and alerted Pune police, he said.
Pune police reached the spot within thirty minutes and stopped him from taking any extreme step. He was being offered counseling, the official added.
It was not yet known why he was thinking of ending his life, the official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kasautii Zindagii Kay's New Promo Hints at Karan Singh Grover's Return as Mr Bajaj
- Vivo Z6 5G With Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G Processor, 5,000mAh Battery Goes Official
- WARNING! Update Your Google Chrome Browser Right Now; Nothing Else is as Important
- Meet the Young Girls from a Maharashtra Village Trying to Represent India in World Robotics
- Muslim Man in Meerut Prints Daughter's Wedding Card With Hindu Gods to Promote Religious Amity