Alerted by Pune Teenager's Social Media 'Behaviour', Cops Prevent Suicide
The cyber cell of Maharashtra police was tipped off that there was a possibility that the man -- whose name was not disclosed -- was going to end his life.
Photo for representation.
Mumbai: Police stopped a 19-year-old man, resident of Pune, from committing suicide Saturday after his social media behaviour indicated that he was going to take the extreme step, an official said here.
The cyber cell of Maharashtra police was tipped off that there was a possibility that the man -- whose name was not disclosed -- was going to end his life, the police official said.
After scanning his social media accounts, the cyber cell tracked down his location and alerted Pune police, he said.
Pune police reached the spot within thirty minutes and stopped him from taking any extreme step. He was being offered counseling, the official added.
It was not yet known why he was thinking of ending his life, the official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution
- Hina Khan Slams People for Comparing Her and New 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif
- Angry Customer Creates Hilarious 'Oyo Ruined My Anniversary' Website to Narrate Ordeal
- Adorable Video Shows Man Dancing with Stray Dog in the Middle of the Night
- Android 10 Update Roll-Out Resumes For OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro