Entire Opp'n Stands With Security Forces, Govt: Rahul Gandhi on Pulwama Terror Attack
The Congress chief was addressing a press conference following a terrorist attack on a CRPF convoy, which led to the deaths of 40 personnel.
New Delhi: A day after the Pulwama attack, Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Friday said his party and the entire opposition is fully supportive of the government and the security forces.
No amount of hatred and anger can harm the love India is built on, Gandhi said at a press conference along with former prime minister Manmohan Singh and other Congress leaders, including Ghulam Nabi Azad and A K Antony.
"This is a terrible attack, this type of violence is disgusting. Terrorism tries to divide the nation, we can't be divided by any power. The entire opposition is with security forces and the government," Gandhi said.
"Those who have done this should not feel that they can harm the country. It is a time of mourning and sadness," he added. Singh said the nation can never compromise with terrorism.
"Terrorism is a scourge which we can never compromise...," the former prime minister said.
On Thursday, an explosives-laden truck rammed into a CRPF convoy in Pulwama outside Srinagar, killing 40 soldiers in one of the biggest terror attacks in recent years.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bose Frames Review: Music And More, These Are Not Your Standard Sunglasses
- Amitabh Bachchan Expresses Displeasure on Illness Rumours, Says 'All is Not in the World For Sale'
- Trailers This Week: Robert Downey Jr, Tom Holland Reunite for Dolittle, Anurag Kashyap Unveils India’s First Spaceship Sci-fi
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it