All Schools in Noida, Greater Noida, Ghaziabad Shut for 2 Days Due to Cold Wave
Separate orders were issued by the administrations of the two adjoining districts on Wednesday evening.
Image for representation. (Photo: Reuters)
Noida/Ghaziabad: All schools in Uttar Pradesh's Ghaziabad and Gautam Buddh Nagar districts will remain closed on Thursday and Friday due to cold weather conditions, officials said.
Separate orders to this effect were issued by the administrations of the two adjoining districts on Wednesday evening.
"All government and private schools across Noida and Greater Noida have been directed to remain shut over the next two days due to cold weather," Gautam Buddh Nagar District Magistrate (DM) B N Singh told PTI.
Ghaziabad DM Ajay Shankar Pandey said, "Classes from nursery to 12th will remain closed due to cold wave conditions."
Cold weather conditions persisted in the region on Wednesday, with the minimum temperature in Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad hovering around 10 degrees Celsius. According to the India Meteorological Department, dense fog is very likely in isolated pockets over West UP in the morning hours of Thursday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Seduce Each Other in What A Man Gotta Do Video
- Khatron Ke Khiladi 10 Promo Out, Rohit Shetty Welcomes Contestants To His ‘Darr Ki University’
- Reliance Jio Q3 2019-20 Results: Subscriber Base Jumps to 370 Million as of December 31, 2019
- Who is Arushi Sharma, the New Actress in Love Aaj Kal Trailer?
- 13-Year-Old's Emotional Speech about Father Who Died in Iran Plane Crash Will Break Your Heart