Allahabad High Court Stays SP Leader Azam Khan's Arrest in Land-grab Cases
The court order protects the former UP minister from arrest in 27 criminal cases, registered on complaints of forcibly occuputation of farmers' land for the construction related to his Mohammad Ali Jauhar University in Rampur.
A file photo of SP leader Azam Khan. (Getty Images)
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday stayed the arrest of senior Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan in 27 cases of alleged grabbing of land.
A two-judge of justices Manoj Mishra and Manju Rani Chauhan passed the order on a petition filed by the former Uttar Pradesh minister, challenging the FIRs registered between July 13 and 20.
The court order protects the former Uttar Pradesh minister from arrest in 27 criminal cases, registered on complaints of forcibly occuputation of farmers' land for the construction related to his Mohammad Ali Jauhar University in Rampur.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- Here's How Alia Bhatt Reacted to Her and Ranbir Kapoor's Fake Viral Wedding Card
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- These Stairs from the Iconic Scene in 'Joker' Have Now Become a Popular Tourist Destination
- NBA 2K20 Gameplay Will Unlock Limited Edition Nike Sneakers That You Can Buy