- Municipal Corporations 9/10
- TRS 8
- INC 0
- BJP 1
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 114/120
- TRS 96
- INC 9
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 4
Allow Corporatisation of Medical Education to Meet Demand for Doctors, Nursing Staff: Suneeta Reddy
Suneeta Reddy, managing director of Apollo Hospitals, said cost structures for healthcare are very different in India as compared to the rest of the world.
Suneeta Reddy at Rising India Summit 2019.
Speaking at a session titled ‘Get, Set, Grow’ at the News18 Network's Rising India Summit 2019 on Monday, Suneeta Reddy, managing director of Apollo Hospitals, said the government must allow corporatisation of medical education to meet the demand for doctors and nursing staff in hospitals.
Reddy said, “Cost structures in India are very different from the rest of the world. Taxes make healthcare expensive. The government must allow corporatisation of medical education to meet the demand for doctors and nursing staff in hospitals.”
Speaking about the Ayushman Bharat, the healthcare scheme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi last year, she said, “There are multiple perspectives of looking at it. The government has granted access but has put no infrastructure in place.”
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile: Season 12 Leaks Confirm 2nd Anniversary Royale Pass Theme
- Transfer News and Rumours LIVE: Latest Updates From Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona
- Parineeti Chopra Relaxes on Her Maldives Holiday, See Pics
- Trump Trolled for Sharing 'Ridiculous' Meme with Photoshopped Image of Obama Spying on Him
- Coronavirus Death Toll Spikes: This Realtime Map Tracks Spread of Virus Around The World