Amaranth Yatra Resumes From Twin Routes After Weather Improves
Amarnath yatra resumed from Pahalgam and Baltal routes after being suspended for a few hours on Saturday due to heavy rains around the holy cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
Representative image (PTI photo)
Srinagar: Amarnath yatra resumed from Pahalgam and Baltal routes after being suspended for a few hours on Saturday due to heavy rains around the holy cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
"The yatra has resumed from both the routes in view of the improvement in the weather condition," an official of the SASB told PTI.
The authorities had suspended the yatra early this morning due to heavy rainfall around the 3880-metre high shrine.
Meanwhile, pilgrims from Jammu base camp have been stopped from proceeding towards the Valley due to landslides at some places.
"The pilgrims headed for base camps at Baltal and Nunwan are requested to check the status of the yatra with the control room or helpline set up by the SASB before starting," the official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- 'TB Survivor' Amitabh Bachchan: 75 Percent of My Liver is Gone, Still Surviving on 25 Percent
- Facebook Clear History Tool Lets You Control Data Shared With Apps And Websites
- Nine Nurses Who Went Viral for Being Pregnant at the Same Time Have Now Given Birth
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Review: Is There Nothing Missing in This Brilliant Android Phone?