Amaranth Yatra Resumes From Twin Routes After Weather Improves
Amarnath yatra resumed from Pahalgam and Baltal routes after being suspended for a few hours on Saturday due to heavy rains around the holy cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
Representative image (PTI photo)
Srinagar: Amarnath yatra resumed from Pahalgam and Baltal routes after being suspended for a few hours on Saturday due to heavy rains around the holy cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
"The yatra has resumed from both the routes in view of the improvement in the weather condition," an official of the SASB told PTI.
The authorities had suspended the yatra early this morning due to heavy rainfall around the 3880-metre high shrine.
Meanwhile, pilgrims from Jammu base camp have been stopped from proceeding towards the Valley due to landslides at some places.
"The pilgrims headed for base camps at Baltal and Nunwan are requested to check the status of the yatra with the control room or helpline set up by the SASB before starting," the official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Varun Dhawan Welcomes Donald Trump to India in Hilarious Video, Says He Has Ordered Pav Bhaji for Him
- Shibani Dandekar Shares Loved up Pic with Farhan Akhtar to Mark 2 Years of Dating
- Twitter Comes Crashing Down as Photo of 'Great Wall of Ahmedabad' Built to Welcome Trump Goes Viral
- Tyson Fury Seen Licking Deontay Wilder's Blood During Fight, Fans are Grossed Out
- Coronavirus Impact: Samsung Factory in Korea Shut Down After Employee Tests Positive