Amarnath Yatra Suspended Due to Heavy Rains Day After Start
Amarnath Yatra was suspended from twin routes of Pahalgam and Baltal due to heavy rainfall, just a day after the annual yatra began, said Amarnath Shrine Board on Friday.
File image of Pilgrims heading for Amarnath Yatra
Srinagar: Amarnath Yatra was suspended from twin routes of Pahalgam and Baltal due to heavy rainfall, just a day after the annual yatra began, said Amarnath Shrine Board on Friday.
"The yatra has been suspended temporarily in view of the rains that lashed the twin routes early in the morning," an official of the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB) told PTI.
He said the rains have rendered the tracks slippery at some places.
"The pilgrims headed for base camps at Baltal and Nunwan are requested to check the status of the yatra with the control room or helpline set up by the SASB before starting off," the official said.
Braving inclement weather, over 6,000 pilgrims on Thursday paid obeisance at Amarnath amid tight security.
(With PTI inputs)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Recalls Dancing to Preity Zinta's Song Bumbro from Mission Kashmir in School
- Sophie Turner Joins Joe Jonas in NYC as Jonas Brothers Take a Day Off from Their Tour
- Parineeti Chopra Looks Dishevelled And Bloodied in 'The Girl On The Train' First Look
- 'TB Survivor' Amitabh Bachchan: 75 Percent of My Liver is Gone, Still Surviving on 25 Percent
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Android One Phone With 48-Megapixel Triple Camera Launched: Price, Features and More