Ambedkar Bust Found Damaged in Jharkhand's West Singhbhum District
The vandalised bust was discovered by some people at the Railway School Ground in Chakradharpur on Saturday night following which they informed police, said an official.
Image for representation. (Image: PTI)
Jamshedpur: A bust of BR Ambedkar was found partially damaged in Charkadharpur town of Jharkhand's West Singhbhum district, a police officer said on Sunday.
The vandalised bust was discovered by some people at the Railway School Ground in Chakradharpur on Saturday night following which they informed police, the official said.
Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Anand Mohan Singh said a group of miscreants partially damaged a portion of the face of the bust.
The incident, on the eve of Ambedkar's 128th birth anniversary, caused anger among people. But they were pacified by the SDPO who assured action against the culprits, police said.
In a separate incident on Sunday, a newly-erected 10 feet-tall Ambedkar statue was seized and removed by Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) authorities. It was also found dumped in the garbage.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- Sanya Malhotra Grooves to Ghungroo from War, Sets Dance Floor and Social Media on Fire
- This Man Has the Same Pathological Laughing Disorder as Joaquin Phoenix's Joker
- ISL 2019-20: Controversy Heats Up Over Kerala Blasters vs ATK After Kerala Coach, Soosairaj Get Involved
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069