Amid Outrage Over Aligarh Shocker, Body of Minor Girl Found in Bushes in Uttar Pradesh
The girl had gone missing on Saturday and her body was found by locals on Sunday morning.
Image for representation. (Image: PTI)
Jalaun (UP) Body of a 7-year-old girl was found in the bushes outside Bijbaha village in Uttar Pradesh Sunday, police said.
The incident comes close on the heels of the brutal murder of a toddler at Aligarh in the state. Superintendent of Police Swami Prasad said the minor had gone missing on Saturday.
"The girl's body was spotted by the locals Sunday morning," he said.
A case has been registered against two persons following a complaint by the victim's father, Laakhan Singh, Prasad said.
The body has been sent for postmortem, he said.
"Whether the child was raped or not will be clear only after the postmortem," the SP added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Adam Lallana Scores Late to Salvage 1-1 Draw for Liverpool
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it