Amit Shah Pays Visit to Ram Jethmalani's Residence to Offer his Last Respects
Ram Jethmalani was Amit Shah's lawyer in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh alleged fake encounter case. Shah was chargesheeted by the CBI in the case, but the court discharged him due to lack of evidence.
File photo of Home Minister Amit Shah.
New Delhi: Home Minister Amit Shah on Sunday paid his last respects to noted jurist Ram Jethmalani, who passed away early this morning.
Shah drove to Jethmalani's residence here and offered his last respects to the departed soul and condolences to the bereaved family.
"Paid last respects to Shri Ram Jethmalani ji at his residence in New Delhi," he tweeted.
Eminent jurist and former Union minister Jethmalani passed away on Sunday at the age of 95. He was not keeping well for a few months, his family members said.
Jethmalani was Shah's lawyer in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh alleged fake encounter case.
Shah, who was Gujarat Home minister at the time of the incident, was chargesheeted by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the case, but the court discharged him due to lack of evidence.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Sonakshi Sinha Replies to People Trolling Her For Not Answering KBC Ramayan Question
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes