Amit Shah, Smriti Irani Take Oath as Rajya Sabha MPs
Rajya Sabha Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu administered the oath to Shah and Irani in his chamber.
Amit Shah and Smriti Irani. (File photo)
New Delhi: BJP president Amit Shah today took oath as a member of the Rajya Sabha, making his debut in Parliament.
His party colleague, Union minister Smriti Irani, also took oath as a member of the Upper House.
While Shah took his pledge in Hindi, Irani took hers in Sanskrit.
Both the leaders, accompanied by their spouses, were administered the oath in Rajya Sabha Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu's chamber.
The two leaders, who were elected to the Rajya Sabha from Gujarat earlier this month, were accompanied by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ananth Kumar, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan and Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad among others.
Shah sat for a few minutes with his party colleagues in the BJP office in Parliament.
After the oath, he and his wife called on veteran BJP leader L K Advani at his residence to seek his blessings, party leaders said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring