Ammonia Leak at Cold Storage in Jahanabad, Many Labourers Feared Trapped
Due to the leakage of ammonia gas out of a cold storage facility in Fatehpur's Jahanabad area, the Uttar Pradesh Police on Sunday evening stopped traffic within 2 kms periphery of the cold store.
Jahanabad (Uttar Pradesh): Some labourers are feared trapped inside the building of a cold storage facility in Fatehpur's Jahanabad area where sudden leakage of ammonia gas created panic among the residents on Sunday evening.
The Uttar Pradesh Police immediately cordoned off the area and restricted traffic within two kilometre of the accident site.
Residents who live in the vicinity are being evacuated keeping in view the situation.
Efforts are on to ascertain the circumstances that led to the leak and investigation into the incident is in progress, police said.
On March 15, more than 20 people were trapped after a cold storage building collapsed following a blast triggered by ammonia gas leakage in Shivrajpur area of Kanpur district.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain Actress Saumya Tandon Shares First Photo of Her Newborn Son
- TRAI’s New Rules For Cable & DTH: Everything You Need to Know Ahead of the Feb 1 Deadline
- Could Facebook be Hit With Record Fine For Privacy Violations Involving Our Information?
- This Bizarre Video Of a 'Baby Birth' Nail Art Tutorial Is Scarring The Internet
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Vs Flipkart Republic Day Sale: Discounts on Apple, OnePlus, Smartphones And More
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s