Ammonia Leak at Cold Storage in Jahanabad, Many Labourers Feared Trapped
Due to the leakage of ammonia gas out of a cold storage facility in Fatehpur's Jahanabad area, the Uttar Pradesh Police on Sunday evening stopped traffic within 2 kms periphery of the cold store.
Jahanabad (Uttar Pradesh): Some labourers are feared trapped inside the building of a cold storage facility in Fatehpur's Jahanabad area where sudden leakage of ammonia gas created panic among the residents on Sunday evening.
The Uttar Pradesh Police immediately cordoned off the area and restricted traffic within two kilometre of the accident site.
Residents who live in the vicinity are being evacuated keeping in view the situation.
Efforts are on to ascertain the circumstances that led to the leak and investigation into the incident is in progress, police said.
On March 15, more than 20 people were trapped after a cold storage building collapsed following a blast triggered by ammonia gas leakage in Shivrajpur area of Kanpur district.
Recommended For You
- 20 Years of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai: Shah Rukh Khan was a Trendsetter Then, He is a Trendsetter Now
- Thugs of Hindostan Song 'Vashmalle' has Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan in a Dance Face-Off
- #90sMoviesIn2018: Kuch Kuch Hota Hai Taught Me a Very Skewed Idea of Beauty
- No Messi But Argentina 'Have to' Beat Brazil, Says Sergio Romero
- Akash and Himani Make Archery Pre-quarters at Youth Olympics