Andhra Pradesh HC Directs Renewable Companies to Approach State Electricity Regulator Against Renegotiated Tariffs
The Andhra Pradesh high court dismissed the arguments the renewable companies posed against the state government reviewing Power Purchase Agreements (PPA).
File photo of Andhra CM Jagan Mohan Reddy.
Amaravathi: The Andhra Pradesh high court on Tuesday directed solar and wind energy companies to approach state electricity regulator after they opposed the renegotiation of tariff rates by the state.
The court dismissed the arguments the companies posed against the state government reviewing Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) and said that the government can approach the Andhra Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission (APERC) for a review.
The high court further directed the government and power companies to sound their arguments before the APERC. The High Court has given the APERC six months to decide on the issue and directed Andhra discoms to pay a tariff of Rs 2.43 and Rs 2.44 per unit till the matter is settled.
The high court in its order also said that the government can issue notices as per the law governing the power companies and directed the state to avoid curtailing generation from power companies without issuing prior notices.
Last month, 40 renewable power supply companies had approached the high court against Jagan Mohan Reddy-led government's decision to establish a review panel. The companies have maintained that the state government has no power to review the agreements made by the previous regime.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- Sanya Malhotra Grooves to Ghungroo from War, Sets Dance Floor and Social Media on Fire
- ISL 2019-20: Controversy Heats Up Over Kerala Blasters vs ATK After Kerala Coach, Soosairaj Get Involved
- Of Fruits and Females: Why Turkish Preacher Comparing Women to 'Peeled Apples' isn't Surprising
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Plans Start at Rs 222 Which Includes Bundled Non-Jio Calls