Andhra Student Hacked to Death Over Extramarital Affair, Accused Arrested
The accused,toddy planter Anjaneyulu, reportedly attacked the victim when he was coming back home from college on a bicycle.
Image for Representation.
Machilipatnam (Andhra Pradesh): A 17-year-old student was allegedly hacked to death under Ghantasala police limits in Krishna district on Tuesday, officials said.
The accused,toddy planter Anjaneyulu, reportedly attacked the victim when he was coming back home from college on a bicycle, they said. The boy was found dead, in a pool of blood at a sugarcane field in Devarakota village. The victim is a second year ITI College student.
Speaking to PTI, Avanigadda Deputy Superintendent of Police V Pothuraju said, "The two were in an extramarital affair with a woman, leading to a dispute between them. All three belong to Vokkalagadda village of Challapalli mandal in Krishna district."
The woman separated from her husband after a fight, police said adding that she lives with her two children at her native village in Vokkalagadda.
"Anjaneyulu has been arrested. He has confessed to the crime," said the DSP.
A case was registered in Ghantasala Police Station and investigation is on based on the complaint lodged by the parents of the victim.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- World's Largest Jazz Music Festival in Montreal Cancelled Due to Coronavirus Pandemic
- Sumeet Vyas, Wife Ekta Kaul Announce Pregnancy with This Sweet Post
- Super Pink Moon Will Take Your Breath Away on April 8, But What is a Supermoon?
- India's Domestic Abuse Survivors are in Lockdown with their Monsters, But Helplines Are Not Ringing
- Smriti Mandhana Hosted a Q&A Session on Twitter and it Turned Out to be a Laugh Riot