Andhra Student Hacked to Death Over Extramarital Affair, Accused Arrested
The accused,toddy planter Anjaneyulu, reportedly attacked the victim when he was coming back home from college on a bicycle.
Image for Representation.
Machilipatnam (Andhra Pradesh): A 17-year-old student was allegedly hacked to death under Ghantasala police limits in Krishna district on Tuesday, officials said.
The accused,toddy planter Anjaneyulu, reportedly attacked the victim when he was coming back home from college on a bicycle, they said. The boy was found dead, in a pool of blood at a sugarcane field in Devarakota village. The victim is a second year ITI College student.
Speaking to PTI, Avanigadda Deputy Superintendent of Police V Pothuraju said, "The two were in an extramarital affair with a woman, leading to a dispute between them. All three belong to Vokkalagadda village of Challapalli mandal in Krishna district."
The woman separated from her husband after a fight, police said adding that she lives with her two children at her native village in Vokkalagadda.
"Anjaneyulu has been arrested. He has confessed to the crime," said the DSP.
A case was registered in Ghantasala Police Station and investigation is on based on the complaint lodged by the parents of the victim.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Coronavirus Not Virus But an 'Avatar' to Punish Non-vegetarians: Hindu Mahasabha
- WATCH: Passenger Plane Etihad Airbus A380 Lands Sideways in London, Heart-stopping Clip Goes Viral
- We Finally Know Why There is no Instagram App For The Apple iPad, Just Yet
- Sara Ali Khan's 'Like Mother, Like Daughter' Pic with Amrita Singh is the Best Thing Today
- Mohun Bagan Fined Rs 3 Lakh, Asked to Clear Dues to 4 Ex-players and Former Coach Khalid Jamil