Another Debt-ridden Farmer Commits Suicide in Madhya Pradesh
A native of Patharia, Suraj Singh Gurjar (55) had dues that he could not pay back. On Tuesday, the farmer left home claiming that he was going to a local hillock
(Image for representation: Reuters)
Sehore: Another debt-ridden farmer in Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan’s hometown Sehore, ended his life by hanging himself on a tree on Tuesday. This is the tenth such incident in the CM’s hometown, known for its high quality sharbati variety of wheat.
A native of Patharia, Suraj Singh Gurjar (55) had dues that he could not pay back. On Tuesday, the farmer left home claiming that he was going to a local hillock. Later, his family found him hanging on a tree, police said.
In a separate incident, 65-year-old farmer Parasram Sahu from village Maneshia consumed poison and was admitted to a local hospital in critical condition. His family claimed that Sahu was under a lot of pressure due to mounting debt.
In a third incident, reported from Shivpuri’s village Madwasa, the daughter of a deceased farmer could not bear the shock and ended her life.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan Gives Back to Tiger Shroff's Krrish Meme by Sporting Flying Jatt T-shirt
- Sunil Grover Finally Breaks Silence on The Kapil Sharma Show Comeback Rumours
- Priyanka Chopra Admits Having a Baby With Nick Jonas is on Her 'To-Do-List'
- Here is How Much The Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro And iPhone 11 Pro Max Will Cost
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022