Anti-CAA Protest: Congress' Mateen Ahmed and AAP's Abdul Rehman Named in FIR After Violence in Seelampur
The Delhi Police have claimed the leaders played an important role in instigating the crowd against the authorities, which led to the 'clashes'.
Brick-bats lie on a road as Anti-CAA (Citizenship Amendment Act) protestors clash with the police at Seelampur in New Delhi. (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: Former MLA and Congress leader Mateen Ahmed and East Delhi MCD councillor and AAP leader Abdul Rehman have been named in the FIR in connection with violence during the protest against the Citizenship Act in Seelampur.
The Delhi Police have claimed the leaders played an important role in instigating the crowd against the authorities, which led to the "clashes". According to complainant, the SHO of Zaffrabad, Councilor Abdul Rehman had "provoked a crowd" to join the protesters. Mateen Ahmed.
The FIR states that Congress' Mateen Ahmed proceeded with his bike rally in the area despite being denied permission. In a statement to ABP news channel, Ahmed, however, denied his involvement in the violence.
So far, 21 people have been arrested and charged with arson, rioting and assault.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai Title Tune Turns Scary as Dharma Productions Moves Over to the Dark Side
- Shah Rukh Khan's Advice to Raj & DK on Their Upcoming Film Together
- TikTok Star Puts on Modi Mask While Walking Next to Arvind Kejriwal in Rally and We're Very Confused
- Australian Open 2020 Day 9, Djokovic vs Raonic LIVE Score and Updates: Djokovic Takes 1st Set vs Raonic
- There is a Mysterious Structure in Antarctica And Some Think It’s a Massive Building