- Municipal Corporations 8/10
- TRS 7
- INC 1
- BJP 0
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 113/120
- TRS 94
- INC 10
- BJP 2
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 5
Anti-CAA Protests: Indian Youth Congress Sends Copy of Preamble to PM Modi & Amit Shah
The copies were despatched through courier to all BJP leaders across the country for 'opening the eyes of the leaders' and to prevent further 'destruction' of the basic features of the Constitution.
Indian Youth Congress leaders prepare to dispatch copies of the preamble of Indian Constitution to leaders of Bharatiya Janata Party including Prime Minister Narender Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah. (PTI)
New Delhi: The Indian Youth Congress on Thursday sent a copy of the Preamble of the Constitution to Prime Minister Narender Modi, Union Home Minister Amit Shah and other ministers amid protests against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act.
The copies were despatched through courier to all BJP leaders across the country for "opening the eyes of the leaders" and to prevent further "destruction" of the basic features of the Constitution.
IYC chief BV Srinivas said on one hand, the BJP and its leaders proclaim themselves to be the protectors of the Constitution, while on the other hand, all their policies and actions are aimed at "destroying" even the basic fabrics of the Constitution.
Srinivas said Modi should answer the nation when would he be able to take away the "eclipse of uncertainity, poverty, unemployment from the lives of the people of the nation".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Twitter Brings Tricolor India Gate Emoji to Mark 71st Republic Day
- Nancy Drew to Die on 90th Anniversary, but Hardy Boys Will Solve the Murder. Wait, What?
- WhatsApp Beta New Update Tests Animated Stickers, Self Destructing Messages
- Over 24,000 Undelivered Letters Found Stashed at Former Postman's House in Japan
- Pullela Gopichand Admits Saina Nehwal, Kidambi Srikanth Need to Buck Up, Not Worried About PV Sindhu