Anti-satellite Missile a Shot in the Arm for India's Defence Capability, Say Experts
On Wednesday, India demonstrated an anti-satellite missile capability by shooting down a satellite.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: Industry and experts on Wednesday said 'Mission Shakti', under which India demonstrated anti-satellite missile capability by shooting down a live satellite, has dramatically strengthened the country's strategic defence power.
"This success speaks laurels for our scientific community which have done the nation proud and enhanced our strategic defence capability," FICCI President Sandip Somany said.
He added that the emergence of India as a major defence and space power while keeping in place its commitments to non-proliferation of weapons in space and not against any nation, speaks volumes of its stature as a responsible world power in the comity of nations.
"This demonstration is significant in that the technology is indigenous. For decades, India has been denied foreign technology under nuclear and missile control regimes, forcing the country to research and develop the technology at home," Dr. Chaitanya Giri, Fellow, Space Studies, Gateway House said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sanya Malhotra Grooves to Ghungroo from War, Sets Dance Floor and Social Media on Fire
- ISL 2019-20: Controversy Heats Up Over Kerala Blasters vs ATK After Kerala Coach, Soosairaj Get Involved
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069
- OnePlus TVs Will Get The Netflix App Soon, But We Don’t Know Exactly When