Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat to Visit Jammu and Kashmir Today
Army chief Gen Bipin Rawat on will Thursday visit Jammu and Kashmir in his first official trip after taking over as India's 27th Chief Of Army Staff.
General Bipin Rawat took over as the 27th Chief of Army Staff (Photo: PTI)
Jammu: Army chief Gen Bipin Rawat will on Thursday visit Jammu and Kashmir in his first official trip after taking over as India's 27th Chief Of Army Staff.
According to top army sources, he will be visiting army formation in Jammu.
This will be his median tour to J&K after taking over as new army chief.
Gen Rawat last week took over as the chief of the 1.3 million strong Indian Army succeeding Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag, who retired after 42 years of service.
Gen Rawat superseded two senior most Lt Generals, Praveen Bakshi and P M Hariz.
Rawat was commissioned in the Fifth Battalion of the Eleven Gorkha Rifles in December 1978 from IMA, Dehradun. He was awarded the 'Sword of Honour' at the academy.
Gen Rawat has vast experience in high altitude warfare and counter-insurgency operations.
He commanded an infantry battalion, along the Line of Actual Control in the Eastern Sector, a Rashtriya Rifles Sector and an Infantry Division in the Kashmir Valley, a Corps in the Eastern theatre and the Southern Command.
Gen Rawat has held important staff appointments at Directorate General of Military Operations and Military Secretary's Branch at Army HQ.
Recommended For You
- Facebook is a Digital Gangster? UK Lawmakers Believe Mark Zuckerberg Doesn't Show Leadership
- Pakistani Artistes Banned From Bollywood, SRK's Daughter Wants to Date a South Korean Singer
- Government Can Approve Rs 5500 Crore Under FAME-II Scheme This Month to Boost Electric Vehicle Sales
- Covering Imran Khan's Picture in India Regrettable: PCB
- Perks for Oscars 2019 Nominees: Greek Beachfront Escape, Dinner in Mexico, Poop Emoji Plunger
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s