Army Jawan Commits Suicide on Odisha Training Academy Premises, Reason Unknown
His body was recovered after breaking the door of the room. The reason behind the suicide was yet to be ascertained.
Image for representation.
Berhampur (Odisha): A 30-year old Army jawan allegedly committed suicide by hanging in his quarter inside the Army Air Defence College at Gopalpur in Ganjam district on Sunday, police said.
The deceased was identified as R Krishna of Ranganathapuram in Tamil Nadu, said Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO), Berhampur Sadar, Jayant Kumar Mohapatra.
His body was recovered after breaking the door of the room. The reason behind the suicide was yet to be ascertained, the SDPO said adding investigation is in progress.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kartik Aaryan Tries to Troll Ananya Panday for Her Pants, She Shuts Him up with Epic Response
- Women are Changing Their Gender to 'Male' on Instagram Bio to Avoid Sexist Shadow Bans
- Maurizio Sarri Confirms Cristiano Ronaldo Will Miss Juventus' Trip to Atalanta
- Tesla Launches Electric ‘Cybertruck' Inspired From Blade Runner Movie, Priced at $39,900
- Microsoft Delays Surface Earbuds to Next Year, as Things Aren’t Quite Right