Army Jawan Commits Suicide With Service Rifle
A 26-year-old Army jawan on Thursday committed suicide by shooting himself in the head using his service rifle at Military Station here in Kutch district, said police.
Representative Image (Photo Credit: AFP)
Bhuj (Gujarat): A 26-year-old Army jawan on Thursday committed suicide by shooting himself in the head using his service rifle at Military Station here in Kutch district, said police.
The deceased has been identified as Luvjitsingh Kundansingh, who was attached with Punjab Regiment and posted at Bhuj Military Station, Police Inspector of Bhuj 'B' Division police, M J Jalu, said.
The incident came to light in the afternoon when another jawan Lalsingh Rajput knocked on the door of a bathroom (located near the barracks) latched from inside, but received no response.
"When there was no response from inside, Rajput broke open the bathroom door and found Luvjitsingh lying in a pool of blood. Rajput also found an INSAS rifle near his body. Prima facie, Luvjitsingh had committed suicide by shooting himself in his head using his rifle," Jalu said.
As per the complaint filed by police, the incident took place before the noon.
"We have been informed by the Army that Luvjitsingh was attached with Punjab Regiment and posted here at Bhuj Military Station. Inquiry is on to find out the reasons behind his extreme step," said Jalu.
Recommended For You
- Chinese Police Use Criminal's Childhood Picture On Wanted Poster, Says 'Features Don't Change'
- This Company Will Pay You Rs 69,000 to Binge Watch All MCU Movies Before Avengers Endgame Releases
- IPL 2019 | Don't Care if I'm Judged on Not Winning the IPL: Kohli
- IPL 2019 | #YourCallonCN: Which Team is Favourite, And Why?
- Karan Johar Says He's Facing Technical Trouble, Denies 'Liking' Tweet Abusing SRK
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s