Army Major Accused of Raping Domestic Help the Day Her Husband Committed Suicide
A case has been registered at the Delhi Cantonment police station based on a complaint filed by the woman.
Representative image (Getty)
New Delhi: An Army Major has been booked for allegedly raping his domestic help in southwest Delhi in July on the same day her husband allegedly committed suicide, the police said on Sunday.
They said a case was registered at the Delhi Cantonment police station on September 25 based on a complaint filed by the woman.
In her complaint, the woman has alleged that she was raped by the Major on July 12, the same day her husband allegedly killed himself, a senior police officer said.
During investigation, police learnt that the woman's husband had committed suicide in a servant quarter where they used to reside, he said.
The woman was working at the Major's house even after the rape incident, he added.
A case has been registered, police said, adding the matter is being probed.
Recommended For You
- Watch: Airline Passenger Caught Using Toes to Scroll Through In-Flight Entertainment
- People are Using FaceApp's Aging Filter to Compare Selfies with Photos of their Parents
- BS-VI Fuel Available at Same Cost as Regular Fuel in Delhi, Prices set to Increase in April 2020
- Concussion Substitutes Likely Make International Debut in Ashes: Report
- World Emoji Day: There are New Differently Abled, Food, Animal and Saree Emojis Coming to Your iPhone