Army Man Killed, 4 Injured in Pakistan Firing Along LoC in J&K's Poonch
The firing from across the border in Krishna Ghati sector started around 11 am and was still going on according to last reports.
Image for representation
Jammu: An Army jawan was killed and four others were injured as Pakistani troops targeted forward posts and villages along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch district on Tuesday, officials said.
The Indian Army responded effectively, causing heavy damage to Pakistani Army posts and casualties to Pakistani soldiers, a Defence spokesman said.
The firing from across the border started in Mendhar and Krishna Ghati sector around 11 am.
An Army man died and four others were injured in the firing, they said
The defence spokesman said Naik Ravi Ranjan Kumar Singh, 36, hailed from Gope Bigha village in Bihar and is survived by wife, Rita Devi.
"He was a brave, highly motivated and sincere soldier. The nation will always remain indebted to him for the supreme sacrifice and devotion to duty", the spokesman said.
Officials said the cross-border firing between the two sides was going on when last reports came in.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Katrina Kaif and Arjun Kapoor Save a Paparazzi From Getting Hurt; Watch Video
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes