Former Special Police Officer Shot Dead by Militants Outside His Home in South Kashmir’s Pulwama
The 25-year-old Nayek had joined the Army's Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry (JAKLI) but left midway in September last year after he could not cope with the training.
Srinagar: A former Special Police Officer was shot dead by militants in broad day light on Wednesday in a village in Pulwama district of South Kashmir, officials said.
The deceased has been identified as Ashiq Ahmed Nayek, they said. The militants, believed to be from Jaish-e-Mohammed, fired at Nayek while he was walking on a road in Pingleena area, where three terrorists were neutralised in an encounter on February 18.
The 25-year-old Nayek had joined the Army's Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry (JAKLI) but left midway in September last year after he could not cope with the training, the officials said.
He was rushed to a local hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, they said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Airtel TV App Rebranded to Airtel XStream; More Than 350 Live TV Channels in Tow
- Doing a Bamboozle: Meet Astro, the Robodog 'Inspired' by the Human Brain
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- Woman Sets Fire to Creepy 'It' Clown Doll which Floated into Her Backyard
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Android One Phone With 48-Megapixel Triple Camera Launched: Price, Features and More