Army Officer's Body Found Cut into Two Parts on Railway Track in Delhi
The deceased had gone to Lucknow to attend a training and was returning to Delhi on Shramjeevi Express, the police said.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: An Army officer's body has been found on a railway track at the New Delhi railway station, police said on Tuesday.
The body of the officer, identified as Lieutenant Diwakar Puri, was found cut into two parts on Monday morning, they said.
According to police, Puri was from the Army Medical Corps and a resident of Delhi.
He had gone to Lucknow to attend a training and was returning to Delhi on Shramjeevi Express, the police said.
A post-mortem has been conducted and the report is awaited. The body has been handed over to the deceased's family, they said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sophie Turner Joins Joe Jonas in NYC as Jonas Brothers Take a Day Off from Their Tour
- 'TB Survivor' Amitabh Bachchan: 75 Percent of My Liver is Gone, Still Surviving on 25 Percent
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Android One Phone With 48-Megapixel Triple Camera Launched: Price, Features and More
- HS Prannoy Trumps Lin Dan to Enter Round 3 of World Badminton Championships