Army Prepared to Deal With Any Security Challenge in Jammu and Kashmir: Gen Bipin Rawat
Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat downplayed reports of additional deployment by Pakistan along the Line of Control near Jammu and Kashmir, saying, "Everybody does precautionary deployments and movement of precautionary resources."
Army Chief General Bipin Rawat.
New Delhi: Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat on Tuesday said the armed forces are prepared to deal with any security challenge along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir, and downplayed reports of additional deployment by Pakistan in the area.
"The assessment is that should anything go wrong, we are prepared," he said on the sidelines of an event when asked about the security situation along the LoC after India withdrew special status to Jammu and Kashmir and split the state into two union territories.
On Pakistan increasing the number of troops along the LoC following India's decisions on Kashmir, Gen Rawat said, "Everybody does precautionary deployments and movement of precautionary resources."
"We should not get too concerned about it. That is normal," he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sophie Turner Joins Joe Jonas in NYC as Jonas Brothers Take a Day Off from Their Tour
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- Youtuber Finds GoPro Camera Containing Final Moments of Teenager Who Drowned
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Android One Phone With 48-Megapixel Triple Camera Launched: Price, Features and More
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 to Launch Today, Watch it Live Here [Video]